We loved the Tuxedo No. 2 cocktail at Flora Bar in New York City so much that we decided to make our own version at home. It was also featured in Esquire Magazine‘s Best Restaurants in America for 2017. It’s similar to a gin martini—very elegant and easy to drink. We only rinse the shaker with Luxardo and Absinthe, which keeps the flavors from getting too overpowering. Our recipe is based on the classic version in this book, which is an essential for any home bar.
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Pour in a splash of Luxardo cherry liquor and a splash of absinthe into the shaker.
- Shake to coat the ice and strain out any excess.
- Add to the shaker, 2 dashes of orange bitters, white vermouth, and dry gin.
- Stir and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and a Luxardo maraschino cherry.