We’re getting ready for the summer with more poolside drinks! Sometimes we both want different things so this time we made a strawberry mojito for Clayton and a pina colada for Sarah. Since strawberries are coming into season, we thought we’d share our strawberry mojito recipe to get you in the mood for pool weather! Also be sure to check out our poolside Negronis here.
We found these glasses from Kate Spade and thought they would be perfect for poolside drinks. Not only are they functional since they aren’t glass (remember the “no glass by the pool” rule?) but they’re super cute. We received several compliments on them when we were at the pool. We also found similar glasses that we liked here, here, and here. A fun tumbler or drink huggers from Lilly Pultizer would also be perfect. We paired them with these blue paper straws. We also like these metal ones.
We’re also excited about the fun new food-shaped floats that recently appeared in stores. We can’t wait to try them. Now we just need to decide which ones to get. Do you have a favorite? Which ones do you think we should get? Check them out here, here, here, here, and here.
Note: depending on the sweetness of your strawberries, you may want to adjust the simple syrup amount up or down slightly.
- 2 ounces rum
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup (see recipe)
- 3-4 mint sprigs
- 2-3 very ripe strawberries, sliced
- Put the mint sprigs and strawberries, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Muddle well.
- Add the rum and lime juice to the shaker and fill with ice. Shake briefly, just to combine, and pour the shaker, including the ice, into a tall cocktail glass.
- Top with club soda and garnish with fresh mint to serve.