Do you know what you are making for Christmas dinner yet? For special occasions like Christmas dinner, we love beef tenderloin with a simple blue cheese sauce. The blue cheese sauce we used to make took an hour, and we thought there must be a simpler way. There is! Throw out any complicated recipes you have and try this one instead.
We like to use Point Reyes original blue cheese. If you like, you could serve this simple blue cheese sauce with another cut of beef or pork. We had extra so we reheated it the next day and served alongside a chicken roti. If you reheat, it will probably separate. Just keep it on low and use a whisk to incorporate it back to a creamy sauce.
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz Point Reyes original blue cheese
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan.
- Whisk flour into the butter and cook for 2-3 minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
- Add heavy cream gradually while continually whisking. Continue to whisk until all the cream is incorporated.
- Finally, stir in your crumbled blue cheese.