This easy pasta with tomatoes and arugula recipe was inspired by a seaside lunch in Capri at Ristorante La Fontelina (see more here). This is a super-simple recipe, and it’s perfect for a lunch or a light dinner. Serve it as an appetizer with grilled fish for a heartier meal, and pair it with a crisp white wine. Make sure to use very ripe, good tomatoes since they are the star of the show! The batter your tomatoes, the better this dish will be.
- Salt a large pot of water (it should taste like the ocean) and bring to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook 1-2 minutes less than the time indicated on the package.
- Take the pan off the heat. Drain the pasta in a colander and set aside.
- Return the pan back to the stove on medium-low heat. Add the oil and garlic. Cook the garlic slightly, just until it begins to sizzle, and be careful not to burn it. You should be able to smell the garlic as it cooks in the oil. Remove from heat, add the pasta back to the pan, and toss to coat.
- Add the tomatoes, arugula, and salt to taste, then toss to combine.
- To serve, top with a few shavings of parmesan cheese.